Monday, June 28, 2010

Singapore Sling


Last week I had my first Singapore Sling! Or shall I say my first Singapore Slings… although I am not a cocktail type of person. I read about it on a website describing traditional Singaporean food and drinks, and I must say it’s really extraordinary and different from what I have tried before! The Singapore Sling was developed by Ngiam Tong Boon in the early 1900's for the Raffles Hotel in Singapore and it has become a signature drink served in every bar in Singapore since then. Its today’s version differs from the original one; apparently bartenders use more simplified variations of the original recipe. The Singapore Sling, no matter which version I had, is very smooth, sweet and delicious!
Original Singapore Sling Recipe
1 1/2 ounce gin
1/2 ounce Cherry Herring
1/4 ounce Cointreau
1/4 ounce Benedictine
4 ounce pineapple juice
1/2 ounce lime juice
1/3 ounce grenadine
1 dash Angostura Bitters
Garnish: Cherry and slice of pineapple.
Shake with ice. Strain into an ice filled glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment