Friday, June 4, 2010

Good morning Singapore!

I landed in Singapore and the first thing that hits me is how Singaporeans are well organized! No problems at the airport, entering the country requires visa and not having one could be a huge issue, so I pass the customs fairly quickly as I have all my paperwork done. Herve is already waiting for me, so great to see him after 3 months of living separately, that was quite a challenge... I couldn't really feel it inside the airport building, but once I went out I felt an overwhelming heat wave on my face, almost as if someone just opened the steam room door! This is one of those things that will take me some time to adjust, high temperature and humidity... But well, I got used to the moody Irish weather, I can take this too!

The apartment is lovely and its downstairs facilities are just mesmerizing! I couldn't believe we can use all the swimming pools, gym, jacuzzi, steam-rooms, BBQ corners, all the relaxation common areas whenever we wish... In this temperature the swimming pool is like a salvation... A huge relief anyway and a little more interesting than just a shower. It's only my second day here and I already have used several T-shirts and shorts, sticky hot weather. Well, time to get used to the new conditions...

My first noodle dish came from the local food quart, I must say that for a $3 meal it was delicious and really tasty! The variety of food here is great, hard times making my first food choice, I want to try everything. I cannot find any of the regular spices and herbs here yet, but I only visited the local area situated in the north part of Singapore called the Woodlands, where our place is. The benefit of living outside the city centre is definitely lower prices, less crowds and nice running space. This environment is just calling for a healthy lifestyle!

It is not only hot any sunny here though, I witnessed my first storm today! It lasted several hours, it was loud and a little scary. The air was much better after it though. I thought I shouldn't have taken my Irish umbrella here, but I will be probably better off keeping it in my bag, in case the next storm hits Singapore!


No comments:

Post a Comment